Monday, November 10, 2008

Outlook Sync for Android: It's Real

Just like I was predicting the first Microsoft Outlook synchronization product didn't take long to arrive. Less than two months from the Android announcement, less than a month from the day of Android release.

So now it's Lotus Notes' turn. I don't think it will happen as fast - unless it'll be a third party solution, not IBM's. Having worked with Lotus products myself, I can testify what a royal pain in the ass it is, and wouldn't dare to say that the sync will arrive anywhere as soon as Outlook sync. However, keeping in mind the tremendous inertia of Lotus Notes' customers, and their insurmountable cost to exit, I would bet that the sync will appear sooner than a decision to replace Lotus Notes with something more sane will be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment