Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Far Cry 2 DRM Infected?

Search on far cry 2 securom reveals that SecuROM is planned to be used to protect Far Cry 2.

What a <censored> annoyance.

I've faithfully purchased all the games produced by this team so far (that'll be Far Cry, Crysis, Crysis Warhead), was severely disappointed when it turned out that Crysis Warhead used SecuROM (which gave me tremendous headache throughout many years and on several computers - the dreaded Invalid system-time detected), and now pondering this:

It takes me roughly $50 and a trip to the store (yes, I like to have shiny boxes) to get the game. Trip to the store costs me anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes, and gas, so the total cost of the game (supposing I would've been working instead of driving) goes up to about $200.

On the other hand, the crack for the game protection will be out in HOURS after the release, and it will be readily available, just like Far Cry crack... Oh, wait, it is already available, despite the fact that the release date is still about a week away.

So, why should I even bother buying the game? Give me ONE GOOD REASON, except for appealing to my concsience, which wears pretty thin as I keep wasting my precious time to deal with stupid DRM tricks - which are supposed to deter pirates, and not me, faithful paying customer. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment