Once again, this set is for T-Mobile phones only. If your carrier is different, you may brick your phone, and don't hold me responsible.
- Go to http://www.tmobile.com/bbupgrade.
- Select your phone, click "get software" button.
- On the next screen, enter your mobile number and cick "go".
- Further instructions have been verified for Curve 8320, but are likely to work with other 83xx phones as well, and possibly other models using the same software distribution model. URL given to you will be different depending on your mobile number, hence no URLs from this point on.
- Download and install Desktop Manager Software, Multi-Language with Media Manager (don't know if the other version of Desktop Manager is going to work, feel free to try and let me know).
- Download Handheld Software Installation Instructions. Gotta have Acrobat Reader handy.
- Download and install Handheld Software.
- Follow the Handheld Software Installation Instructions TO THE LETTER.
There will be a significant delay as the installer reconnects to your Curve after the reboot - if this is not your first reboot, you know that already, but I just thought I'd mention that.
You might want to google up blackberry curve input language shortcut.
Credits: the_razor's message here provided the starting point. The process is actually pretty straightforward, but it is not quite obvious, and it took me quite a while to find it, so it is posted here for the benefit of poor souls trying to add an input language to their device.
And NO, you don't have to purchase anything in order to add input language, despite T-Mobile reps' statements to the contrary.